Friday, May 8, 2009

Nigeria's young journalist for 2008



Here's an image I've wanted to share for a while now. Two weeks ago Ademilola Bilewomo, my colleague at work was voted the Nigeria Young Journalist of the Year at an awards ceremony held at the Lagos Press Centre. She beat over a hundred other applicants nationwide to the award that is in its third year. She writes for TELL Magazine, Nigeria's most respected weekly independent.

Last year the award was taken home by my friend Segun Adeoye and here's a post I made.

She was presented with among other prizes a laptop computer. It's interesting that she had recently lost her computer to robbers who attacked her on the way home after a late night at the office.




A group picture of the ten finalists. Among whom are Umejei Emeka, (Daily Independent, 1st runner up), Abiola Odutola (Broad Street Journal, 2nd runner up), Ayodeji Adeyemi(TELL Magazine), Arukaino Umukoro (TELL Magazine) and Lolade Sowoolu-Coates(Vanguard).

3 comments:

Iredotp said...

I met with Bilewomo a couple weeks back and not only is she a good journalist, she is also a focused and well rounded person.
I wish she could come join me at NEXT but then Tell would not want to lose such a delectable morsel!
Good blog, by the way.

Ire Oyegbami.

Desola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desola said...

That's my big sister and I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of her. She is a talented young lady and I'm not surprised she got the award. Keep it up sis